United Food & Commercial Workers

Unions and Employers

Midwest Health and Pension Funds

UFCW Calumet Region Insurance Fund

Military Service Leave

Required military service in the armed forces of the United States will not cause you to lose the pension service credits you have earned—you will not have a Break-in-Service. In fact, you earn Credited Service and Eligibility Service for the time you serve in the military.

When you apply for your pension, you will need to include the “DD214 form” from the military. This will be used to obtain the exact dates of your military service. You will receive Credited Service for your time spent in the military based on the average hours you were working in Covered Employment before you entered the military.

To receive pension service credits for military service, you must have been working for an employer who participates in the Pension Fund immediately before and immediately after your military service.


(Updated 05/01/13)